Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Kovalam, an all time favourite.

As we had a long weekend, my husband and I decided to go to Kovalam in the south of Kerala, which is around a 3.5 hours car drive from here.  It was obvious that we had not been for quite a long while--for us--for we found the roads had been widened and were in the process of getting even more efficient.
It was hot and extremely sunny, what we call here, heat to fry an egg in.  But as always, hot or not, the sea has it's own allure.
Kovalam has a great many stray dogs, all of whom I believe are being vaccinated regularly.  Most of them lie in the shade under the beach beds, or whatever shade is available, near the beach, in the day.  Unfortunately I did not get a shot of any of them.  But, to me strange, I saw a couple run down to the sea and stand in the water around noon.  This is unusual as the sand can really burn their feet at that time.  [Maybe the sand on the part of the beach they ran down, was not so hot.]  By the time I was able to focus my phone camera(they were pretty far away), they had run away.
Here are some of the pictures I did get.




New addition, surf boards.  I saw a tiny sign board saying surf school on the beach.

The mix of sea, beach and the sunset always call to me.


Tinge of red below thunderclouds: but disappointingly there was no rain.


and of course the lighthouse at Kovalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.