Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April has been very hot and quite dry this year, with the usual April showers few and far between except for this last week.  So, I have been keeping my bird bath/watering hole filled and there have been birdy visitors as well as squirrels coming to drink from it.  But I didn't get to see many of the visitors because it was so hot out, apart from the fact that my young grandson was here and his noise would have scared the birds away.
Then on a recent afternoon mid-April, while we were having lunch, there was so much noise at the waterhole, I crept outside to take a look at what was going on.  I saw around 5 different types of birds, the first time i had seen so many of them venture so close to the house.  The bird bath, though in a sort of bower, is near a private road, where people and the occasional car pass.  So the birds must have been really hot and thirsty to venture so close.  I tred to take a picture, but couldn't get a clear pic as I was too far away.
Anyway, from the next week, the summer showers started in earnest and so the bird gatherings have stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.