Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I am back home, where it never snows and temperatures are always (in Centigrade)between the 20s and about 32, which means small animals and birds can always hang out.  So, pre noon, I hear a knock knock and know for sure it's a woodpecker.  I rush out to see if I can spy it.  My rushing scares of a small bird who I notice only from the corner of my eye (and hence could not identify).  In a tree across from where I stand, I see first one and then a second tree pie, in their sandalwood and white plumage.  An oh-so elegant racket-tailed drongo sits lower down, his feathers glossy black that it's almost midnight blue--much glossier than I remember--his beautiful tail quivering.  Ah the bird life.  It's nice to be back.

1 comment:

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.