Saturday, February 1, 2020

Small happennings in bird world on the hill

A couple of funny/cute incidents occured recently. 
On an afternoon recently (hot and dry), I heard a strange tapping outside the house in the front.  Wondering if it was a cat or a crow, I peeped through the window to find a Rufus treepie pecking at the side mirror of my car!  I went out as quietly as I could to take a picture, but it flew away.  This happenned again a couple of days later, but on my husband's car mirror.  This time too I was not quiet enought to get a shot.
The other day, while our plants were being watered I notice that there was small leak in the hosepipe and the water was coming out in a tiny shower.  Since someone else was watering the plants, I got the opportunity to see a really cute sight.  I watched a sparrow come and alight near where the water was spouting out of the leak.  I thought she was drinking water.  Then she shook herself and I realised there was a smaller leak near where she was and she had been having a pleasant shower.  It was so sweet. 

1 comment:

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.