Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A hunt

Hearing a piercing and repeated bird cry from just outside the house, near my bird bath, I crept out of the house carefully.  I saw a bird of prey--a kite possibly, with a grey head.  On searching through google, the bird I saw seemed most like a grey-headed fish eagle.  But after reading up about it, that seems almost impossible.  Whatever, the bird seemed a young one, because it was making a huge commotion.  After a bit, I saw it fly and swoop down, and then I saw it sitting in my driveway with a chameleon in it's beak.  It then came back and sat on the tree I have right next to my front verandah.  I tried to take a picture with my phone.  But before I could adjust everything it flew off.  I presume it must be a young one, because he/she was shouting out his triumph in getting his prey.   I did try to find an image I could use here.  But I could find nothing quite like what I saw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.