Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby time

It's obviously nesting time.  Yesterday, before I left the school I work at, I saw a number of children, with a teacher, taking turns clambering on  a stool, to peep into a box around the electricity meter.  I asked what was the excitement and I was told that it was the nest of a magpie robin with 3 lil ones in it!  So I went to have a look too.  I'm glad I did, because neither the young teacher, nor any of the 4th grade children there, knew that one should never touch the babies.
Anyway, while everyone was having a look, the poor parents flew around frantically, making little chirping noises.  Then one of the kids noticed that there was feed for the babies in the parents' beak.  So we all quickly cleared out from there, to leave them in peace.  Completely slipped my mind that I could have taken photographs with my camera!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like one of those perfect moments that arrive when you least expect and carries you away with the sheer thrill of it all. Have you been able to keep a daily eye on the little family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, too bad, that was the last day, before school closed! I hope they are all doing well. They ought to be flying by now.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy my scenery! Please leave a comment if you do.